Subject: Re: Problems with bounty software
From: DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:36:59 -0400

The author omits one type of programmer that I like to classify myself
as: Those who enjoy programming itself, rather than the results.  Such
programmers are ideal for bounty systems, because they can pick up
someone else's problem and enjoy working on it at the same time.

I've got a pretty wide range of programming skills that I'd like to
put to work in the bounty scheme, if only the database of bounties
were big enough to have a reasonable selection.  What I've seen are
either too cheap to be worth the overhead, or too hard to be
practical.  I'm not sure if this is because that's all the market will
provide, or if it's just not popular enough yet.