Subject: agreements with customers paying for code development
From: Andrew Wilcox <awilcox@gray.maine.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 1994 11:31:47 -0500

I'm looking for examples of legal agreements between programmers who
are writing free software and a customer who is paying for
development.  I've started work on a WWW on-line ordering system, and
I'd like to take the plunge make it available as free software.  One
of my customers paying for its development wants to have the option to
sell their version as proprietary software if they want to.  This is
fine by me, as they are willing to let me distribute the code that I
write.  I'd like to have a legal agreement with them that makes it
clear that I retain ownership of the copyright but gives them a
license to sell their copy.

I imagine that this is probably not an uncommon arrangement, so if I
could take a look at a similar agreement that you've made, that would
be great!

I've been a lurker on this list, but I've really appreciated the
discussions about making a living with free software.

Thanks,

Andrew Wilcox  awilcox@maine.com