Subject: Re: Who holds the copyright?
From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>
Date: 21 Nov 1999 22:45:44 -0500

   Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 20:24:14 -0500
   From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>

   Bruce writes:
   > That's a pretty big point of contention - GPL with broad distrition
   > vs.  GPL with intentionaly narrow distribution. If they are
   > distributing the source with the binary, all one needs to do is find
   > a single customer of this software and ask them to post the source.

   For years I've been asking everyone to demonstrate this objection is
   real by pointing me to a copy of the current for-sale Cygnus stuff up
   for ftp.  It hasn't happened yet.

Well, I think quite a few people have explained to you why it isn't
particularly likely.  What don't you believe about the explanation?

Perhaps I shouldn't bring up old business, but the last time we
discussed this on this mailing list, you pretty directly called me a
liar.  I never heard an apology or an explanation for that, not that I
expect one from you.

Ian