Subject: Re: Be and free software
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:16:12 +0900 (JST)

>>>>> "rn" == Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> writes:

    rn> What I'm guessing the "free" in free software business means
    rn> is simply whether other people are free to compete with you
    rn> using the same software.

That better not be the whole story, because it's far too close to the
"personal services" (hairstyling, eg) industry for comfort.

I liked DJ's question about somehow leveraging the non-rivalry of
software into self-sustaining growth, without prohibiting others from
competing with you on the same sources.