Subject: Re: Novel anti-software-patent article
From: "Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona" <jgb@gsyc.escet.urjc.es>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 00:50:10 +0100 (CET)

 Fri,  7 Jan 2000 00:50:10 +0100 (CET)

	You can look at it the other way around. If you invent a
spiffy, new, perfect, really useful and unbreakable crypto algorithm,
in a world where you cannot patent its use in a software
product... why will you keep it hidden from the crypto community? Of
course you wonŽt get a lot of money if you cannot patent it, but
probably youŽll come up with some money, and a lot of recognition in
the crypto community. I thought this was the way science
worked... (Just as a case example, do you *really* think that Albert
Einstein just published his thoughts on relativity because he was
expecting to get money from patenting its results?)

	Just my two (euro)cents

	Saludos,

		Jesus.

--
Jesus M. Gonzalez Barahona             | Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
jgb@gsyc.escet.urjc.es                 | ESCET