Subject: Re: Brett Glass on MS/GPL
From: Seth Gordon <sethg@ropine.com>
Date: 6 May 2001 21:26:18 -0000

   Brett's translogical opposition to the GPL is stuff of legends.

For those of you unfamiliar with the legends: Brett argues (until his
opponents are blue in the fingers) that since the GPL is a cornerstone
of RMS's plot to destroy the "commercial" (this is the word that Brett
uses, don't blame me) software industry, any programmer who releases
code under the GPL is participating in an immoral conspiracy in
restraint of trade.

"Rav would never cross a bridge when an idolator was on it; he said, 'Maybe he
will be judged and I will be taken with him.'  Shmuel would only cross a
bridge when an idolator was on it; he said, 'Satan cannot rule two nations [at
once].'  Rabbi Yannai would examine [the bridge] and cross."  --Shabbat 32a
== Seth Gordon == sethg@ropine.com == http://ropine.com/ == std. disclaimer ==