Subject: Re: Proprietary but flexible licenses.
From: Elaine -HFB- Ashton <elaine@chaos.wustl.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 09:36:28 -0500

Adam Theo [adamtheo@theoretic.com] quoth:
*>
*>can anyone direct me to a recommended list (or any discussion) on
*>general software license/copyright issues? i would like to listen in
*>on topics like that. also, anyone have any preferred websites for
*>learning copyright and licensing issues? thank you.

http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=license-discuss

Also, I would strongly recommend seeking professional counsel since
getting bad advice is almost worse then no advice at all. It's an issue
where everyone has an opinion that they are willing to defend for 100 or
so messages in a thread when most of the time it is a carnival of the
misinformed. If it matters to you, get a lawyer as in life we seek lawyers
for most all other contractual endeavours and why software people like to
think that this is optional in licensing is something I've not yet found
an understanding.

e.