Subject: Re: Studies
From: Chris Maeda <cmaeda@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 11:43:28 -0700

The Forbes and ComputerWeek types probably think that
free software is much more expensive than proprietary
software.  Free software only seems to work in niches
that are too small to support proprietary vendors. Once
a market gets big enough, the superior economics
(cheaper for users, more profits for vendors) of the
proprietary model always win.