Subject: Re: the congressional mandate
From: "tony stanco" <tony@freedevelopers.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:31:35 -0400

If you are trying to get a voice in Washington, you should attend and
support our Free Software Conference in Washington. That is the very point
of it. It is to keep track of what is going on here and speak up when it
adversely impacts Free Software or IT in general.

We need to go beyond preaching to the converted on our community lists, and
do some outreach to the people that are passing the laws, and those that
advise them. Your message below is a good one. But it would do more good to
deliver it to the policymakers instead of just posting it here. Everyone
here knows it already, but we don't pass the laws. And the people passing
the laws are not on this list.

tony