Subject: Re: Perl OS? (was: torvalds)
From: Hasanuddin Tamir <hasant@trabas.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:52:20 +0700 (JAVT)

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Simon Cozens wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 07:21:18AM +0700, Hasanuddin Tamir wrote:
> > On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Adam Theo <adamtheo@theoretic.com> wrote,
> >
> > > hm... hate to change to topic here, but as a quickie note, anyone heard
> > > of a operating system done in Perl? complete with kernel? i've been
> > > thinking of trying it just because everyone's told me i shouldn't bother
> > > trying :-)
> >
> > TPJ #18: http://www.samag.com/tpj/issues/vol5_2/
>
> That would be me, as part of my RMS-busting strategy to have a Linux system
> with no GNU components. :) No, I've only done the userspace. Writing a
> bootloader in Perl would be non-trivial.

I know.  But somewhere in the net you also stated that that was part
of your april-fool-things, like Parrot.  But Parrot now develops into
something more serious, although not in the form it was blewn before.

Same thing happens to Perlix.  Someone seems to pick it up seriously
(see http://perlix.sourceforge.net).  I thought it was you (unless you
use another name).

Now, we see some pattern here :-)

BTW, isn't it Perl half a GNU component, due to its dual license?
But I'm aware that it's not a product of FSF, if that's what you
mean.

san
--
Trabas - http://www.trabas.com