Subject: Re: Successful FSBs
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:13:27 +0900

    Tim> Recognizing that your survival is tied up with the survival
    Tim> of the ecosystem around the software you use should make
    Tim> these types of companies very concerned about the further
    Tim> success of free software.

But surely they are!  What that implies about the support they should
provide to "the ecosystem" is another matter.

[...]
    Tim> [FS advocates should] think more about who their friends and
    Tim> allies ought to be

So let's _call_ them "allied businesses."  That serves to remind _us_
that they are less committed to FS than we think they ought to be, and
that they could change their minds _either way_.