Subject: Re: Successful FSBs
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 01:16:25 -0500 (EST)

>Maybe I am not seeing the situation for what it really is, but my
>perception is that much free software today is just a clone of
>proprietary software packages.

Most proprietary software packages are clones of other proprietary
software packages. Most TV shows are clones of other TV shows. Ditto
women's fashions, cell phone features, wrapping paper,  football offense
strategies,  country songs, and laptop carry bags.

In other words, we humans tend to copy. True innovation is rare.

On the other hand, out-and-out plaigarism doesn't happen that often either.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com |
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | businesses persuade