Subject: Re: terms
From: "L. Peter Deutsch" <ghost@aladdin.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 97 07:14 PST

> My understanding is that in most cases, deluxe distubutions are bought
> when someone at a company appreciates the work of the GNU project, and wants
> to contribute some money.  Getting their boss to buy a deluxe distribution
> is much easier than convincing their boss to donate money.

This tallies with the comments from my friend in the printer industry that I
posted here a few weeks ago: he said it's much easier to get his boss to
approve paying for someTHING than paying for services, and I'm sure donating
money outright is much more difficult than either of those.

--

L. Peter Deutsch         |       Aladdin Enterprises :::: ghost@aladdin.com
203 Santa Margarita Ave. | tel. +1-650-322-0103 (AM only); fax +1-650-322-1734