Subject: Re: GPL Compliance Toolset
From: DV Henkel-Wallace <gumby@henkel-wallace.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:35:53 -0800

I found this rather obnoxious: "With Microsoft (R) or WindRiver (R),
it's easy to verify software license compliance because you don't have
license soup to contend with. Linux is different."

What a load of crap.  If you use third-party code you need to track its
license restrictions.  GPL code is no more and no less difficult.

(I remember talking to a program manager at Allied-Signal: he was
concerned that he couldn't keep track of how many VxWorks licenses he
had; he figured a GPL approach would keep him from having to worry
about it).

I don't see how this helps their Linux message.