Subject: Re: German Software Group Threatens to Sue SCO on Linux
From: Adam Turoff <ziggy@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:22:08 -0400

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 10:46:17AM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> LinuxTag's release, for those who are interested:
>
> 	http://www.linuxtag.org/2003/de/press/releases.xsp?id=3
>
> The counterattacks are beginning.  It's probably too soon to start
> relishing the prospect of looking down into the hole in the ground where
> SCO used to be, but the temptation is strong...

This bit of schadenfreude is *much* more interesting:

	http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2003/05/pr03033.html

	"To Novell's knowledge, the 1995 agreement governing SCO's
	purchase of UNIX from Novell does not convey to SCO the
	associated copyrights," Messman said in the letter. "We believe
	it unlikely that SCO can demonstrate that it has any ownership
	interest whatsoever in those copyrights. Apparently you share
	this view, since over the last few months you have repeatedly
	asked Novell to transfer the copyrights to SCO, requests that
	Novell has rejected."

Z.