Subject: Re: Journal / Trade Mag?
From: Ken Dyke <ken_i_m@elegantinnovations.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:59:33 -0700

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 08:48:00PM -0500, David Kaufman (david@gigawatt.com) wrote:
> I don't know what journals you get, but the free ones I get (Network
> Computing and Information Week) would probably lose half their
> advertisers if they honestly compared the proprietary products that
> their advertisers sell side-by-side with perfectly capable zero-priced
> alternatives.  I mean, who is the free trade magazine really in business
> to serve, the reader or the advertiser?
>
> So maybe a good investment for a FLOSS consultant would be to *buy*
> subscriptions to some less proprietary-biased magazines for their
> clients!

While I enjoy reading Linux Journal, Linux Magazine, SysAdmin, Perl
Journal (available as a pdf).  And I might be underestimating my clients
but do not think they would actually read any of these because they
would tend to be too technical.  So, recommendations re: lighter weight
FOSS periodicals for the suits.
--
I reason and act, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer, Elegant Innovations