Subject: Re: OT: Carriage return inserts in MS Exchange email -- fix?
From: "A. Pagaltzis" <pagaltzis@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:10:35 +0200

* Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com> [2005-07-22 04:40]:
> on Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 01:41:30AM +0200, A. Pagaltzis (pagaltzis@gmx.de) wrote:
> > I???ve had the same problem for a while.
>
> Yes, and interesting quotes you've got....

They’re curly quotes, encoded as UTF-8, just as my headers
declare. Don’t blame *me* if your MUA can’t handle that. :-)

> > Another annoyance is that he is one of the few frequent
> > posters on the list who uses a MUA that does not supply
> > threading headers (In-Reply-To, References).
>
> Yep.  I'm rethreading his mails, also manually.

Good to know I’m not the only one who is so obsessive about that.
:-)

> Apparently webmail's out of the question, though I suspect
> gmail might fix much of this brain-deadedness.

Gmail would fix all these problems, indeed. So would Yahoo!Mail,
in fact, as well as a surprising number of other web-based
freemailers, despite their lack of Googlesque focus on threading.

* Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com> [2005-07-22 04:40]:
> :0 fhw
> | $FORMAIL -R "Content-Type:" "X-Original-Content-Type:"
>
> :0 fhw
> | $FORMAIL -a "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=\"iso-8859-1\"; format=\"flowed\""

Note that if you simply use `-i`, then the original header will
be preserved, prefixed with `Old-`.

Regards,