Subject: Re: open source definition
From: kragen@pobox.com (Kragen)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:39:56 -0500 (EST)

On 10 Feb 1998 bruce@va.debian.org wrote:
> I don't even know what the fsb list is. Should I be on it?

Free-software business.  I don't know what it is either -- lately, it
seems people have been flaming Cygnus and talking about licensing issues.

> > Question for the "Open Source" folks: have  you consulted
> > your legal counsel yet?
>
> We did a trademark search. We can get the trademark.
> Regarding defending it, we can not defend it as well as a meaningless
> word like "Debian", that is clear.

When you say "We can get the trademark", does that mean the PTO has
told you you can get the trademark?  Or does that mean that your
trademark search didn't turn anything up?

Kragen