Subject: Re: Paul Fremantle on Open Source Business
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 20:38:25 +0900

Federico Lucifredi writes:

 > If there is no sustainable business advantage, the "antisocial" side may
 > well win on money grounds alone. That is worth thinking about.

Sure, but what is that sustainable business advantage?

My point is that it's really hard to see what *sustainable* advantage
is available to an open source business as defined by Fremantle,
unless it's the moral high ground.  All development and licensing
strategies available to an "open source business" are equally
available to proprietary businesses on a case-by-case basis, as IBM,
Sun, Oracle, and even Microsoft are proving.