Subject: Re: Certification service
From: Scott Goehring <scott@poverty.bloomington.in.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:53:02 -0500

"Russell" == Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> writes:

Russell> It might now be time for someone to establish a free software
Russell> compatibility certification service.  Businesses are happy to
Russell> pay for services like these, whose medallions they can
Russell> plaster on their boxes and ads.

One of the ideas that we've been bouncing around at WilberWorks is
certifying plugins.  We haven't really talked much about if we'd
charge for this, or how much; I'm tempted to do open-source plugins
free, and charge for those which aren't open-source, but we haven't
really decided for certain.  (Right now we're more concerned about
getting 1.0 finished and getting the CD we're publishing ready.  I
seem to be spending more time on financial and adminstrative crap than
on code.)

BTW, anyone with any experience with credit cards?