Subject: Re: open source definition
From: bruce@va.debian.org
Date: 22 Apr 1998 22:45:33 -0000

From: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <jsshapiro@earthlink.net>
> My problem is my belief that it serves as a cover for one of
> the grander forms of systematic deceit I have observed in my lifetime.

How much of this stuff have you written? As far as I can tell from
my own experience, I'm taking advantage of the software distributors,
etc., not the other way around.  I could never package and distribute
my own software this cheaply, or this well. The people who are doing
the distribution are _not_ making a big profit out of my work, and if
that ever becomes a problem I'll simply go into competition with them.

	Bruce