Subject: Re: open source definition
From: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <jsshapiro@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 12:45:24 -0400

> Actually, no the coding work is not a small fraction of
> the plan....

Peter:

Thanks for expanding.  If you are able to say, I (and I think others)
would be interested to hear more about the negotiating process you
went through with the investors to get them to agree to this.  What
were the concerns they raised, and how did you respond?  From your
note, clearly the skillset shortage helped your case.

Also, your use of the Netscape example leads me to ask if you built in
a time delay between release of your product and unrestricted
redistribution of the source code?

shap