Subject: Re: Admin burden of proprietary licenses.
From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 01:22:09 -0400

Ok, so customers individually handling package licenses fails to
scale.  Counterpropose a licensing system you would be comfortable
selling.  Redhat as license clearinghouse?  Buy from Redhat and you're
guaranteed to comply with all individual package licensing terms?

The above doesn't conflict with my Opensource values.  I still want
source, but I don't mind paying for something if the price is a good
value.  "Good value" means no more than 50% above the costs of goods.

Probably be a good idea to segregate all the non-free stuff off to one
side, rather than distribute it through like cancer.

A member of the League for Programming Freedom (LPF) ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/lpf