Subject: Re: Motivating support contracts
From: David Welton <davidw@gate.cks.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 11:58:14 -0700

On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 06:53:23PM -0000, Russell Nelson wrote:
> William C. Cheng writes:
>  >  | Why not?  Financial transactions at web-hit prices open up a whole new
>  >  | world of possible arrangements between buyer and seller.
>  >
>  > It's difficult and costly to continuously refund/recharge customers.

Hrmm.. brainstorming... might be neat if people could 'buy in' to some
product, at a set price, and depending on the quantity sold, get
refunds?  That way they would have an incentive to get their friends
to pay money for it...  Hrmm.. does this begin to approach a pyramid
scheme?  I guess not, if, based on sales at a certain point, people
get equal refunds...  Offhand, I kind of like this one, but I haven't
thought about it much...

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org