Subject: Re: Non-proprietary software?
From: Kragen <kragen@dnaco.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 10:39:45 -0400 (EDT)

On 26 Sep 1998 ian@airs.com wrote:
> I think it's a good rule of thumb that over the long run nothing will
> cost less than it costs to produce it.

Most of the things I own cost me less than they cost to produce; for
example, my $60 14-inch monitor, my $25 industrial mop bucket, my $60
Epson Color Stylus II printer, all my $2 and $3 shirts, and my $90,000
house, which would cost twice that to build at today's labor and
material costs.

Kragen

The sages do not believe that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe,
rather, that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his
mistakes and continually make a new man of himself.  -- Wang Yang-Ming