Subject: Re: Urban Legends about Free Software
From: Jeffrey Kegler <jeffrey@ALGOR2.ALGORISTS.COM>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 93 12:47:19 -0700

> >                                                 SPA protects the
> > identify of its informants, even when the so-called information is
> > false and malicious, so the disgruntled former employee got his
> > revenge without having to endure so much as a nasty look in return.
>
> I'm a little curious about how it has become know it was a disgruntled
> former employee who did this, if the SPA protects the identity of its
> informants?

I got this story from the trade press (Computerworld?).  Your observation
is good.  I don't remember if the article named their source for this
tidbit, which I should because it's an important point.

Jeffrey Kegler, Independent UNIX Consultant, Algorists, Inc.
jeffrey@algor2.ALGORISTS.COM
137 E Fremont AVE #122, Sunnyvale CA 94087
"There is no such thing as quality control.  There is truth, and
there is honor." -- from an interview with Carl Landegger, CEO of
Black Clawson, on CNN's "Pinnacle" series.