Subject: Re: Do We Need a New Evangelist
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 1 Apr 1999 19:05:53 -0000

board@opensource.org.  Disclaimer: I speak for myself.

 > What is your criterion for "success"?

Being interesting enough to attract improvements, and having a license
which permits those distribution of those improvements.  For example,
mgr was a very nice windowing system, but it's license didn't permit
commercial distribution.

 > Why should I give a damn what "we" think will be "successful"?

Can you explain why I should give a damn what you think?  If you can,
that's probably your answer for why you should give a damn.  One
simple answer would be "Well, there's only one Internet, and you keep
running into the same people again and again, and it doesn't do to
hack one of them off."