Subject: Re: What does "Free Software Winter" mean and why should we worry?
From: "D. V. Henkel-Wallace" <gumby@zembu.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 08:23:11 -0800

At 16:01 02-04-99 +0000, Russell Nelson wrote:

>D. V. Henkel-Wallace writes:
> > So regardless of what the trademarks say, today the OSI is like the
> > federal government in Snow Crash: its legitimacy is recognised only
> > within its own grounds, and by a few faraway people.
>
>That's your experience, and I wouldn't dispute that that's how you see
>the world.  It's not my experience.

I'm going by what you've written to the FSB mailing list in the past couple
of days!

I don't think anyone who has written to FSB claims that OSI is any kind of
bad organization, though it appears you are at pains to refute such a
claim.  I don't think it.  I haven't seen any mail from anyone saying so
either (I don't even read Bruce's mail as saying so).

So instead, let's talk about the important issue: do you agree that there
is an "overexposure" risk, as Kragen and I have mentioned on this list?

Thanks,