Subject: Re: brands, trademarks, and the GPL
From: "L. Peter Deutsch" <ghost@aladdin.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:54:39 -0700

> What specifically are you seeking to avoid: Ghostscript being licensed
> under terms other than GNU GPL v.2, or not being able to license
> Ghostscript under GNU GPL v.2?

The former, given that, as you point out, I would have no control over those
terms other than moral suasion.

Since I own the copyright, I can license Ghostscript under whatever terms I
want: whatever FSF does, they can't deprive me of the right to license under
GPL v.2.  The authority of the GPL derives from copyright law and the
copyright holder, not from FSF.

--

L. Peter Deutsch         |       Aladdin Enterprises :::: ghost@aladdin.com
203 Santa Margarita Ave. | tel. +1-650-322-0103 (AM only); fax +1-650-322-1734