Subject: Re: Brand name aspirin
From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 03:04:02 -0400

> Still, how do you convince someone to devote a sufficient amount of
> time to such a review?  Typically, you either wait for the Copious
> Spare Time to add up, or else somebody pays for it.  "Somebody" has
> to derive sufficient benefit from it.  If it's not enough for their
> internal needs, they have to figure out a way to restrict access to
> it, then accept money to remove those restrictions.
>
> I mean, jeez, this is the whole story of this list in a nutshell.

Having exhaustively searched the area immediately around the lamppost
for business models, could we, perhaps, branch out a bit in our
search?  Agree to compromise our libre values in scope or in duration
to explore beyond the local maxima?  Please?

A member of the League for Programming Freedom (LPF) http://lpf.ai.mit.edu