Subject: Re: Novel anti-software-patent article
From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 02:38:22 -0500

Karsten writes:

| Pfaffenberger has been published in a couple of places over the past
| few months.  What specific legal defense did you find in the article
| -- revising the definition of 'art'?  I'm not clear on your intent.

What I was trying to say was the "revising the definition of 'art'"
attack was new to me.  What I wish congress would do is focus on
promoting the progress of science and the useful arts, not splitting
definitional hairs.  But if this bit of spiraling-off-into-the-
ridiculous thinking kills software patents, then maybe it's ok.

A member of the League for Programming Freedom (LPF) http://lpf.ai.mit.edu