Subject: Re: FSB marketing, was Re: Novel anti-software-patent article
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:40:16 +0900 (JST)

    rn> Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
    >> FSBs cannot (IMHO) honestly advocate changing the IP system on
    >> the basis that it would make it easier for them to do business,
    >> and ignore the social issues.

    rn> Sure they could: "We'll make a lot more money if you change
    rn> the IP system to benefit us."

OK, well, if you can do it, I guess it can be done.  But I didn't mean
"honest to the public", I meant honest to myself.  I couldn't advocate
FS (which definitely costs me as a developer money), simultaneously
with policies whose only benefit I was aware of was to make me money,
without serious cognitive dissonance.  I'd have to give up advocating
one or the other.

Do you have a way to resolve that dissonance?

/* What's the big deal about the millennium? .............................
.... There are still 360 shopping days left until the millennial epoch! */