Subject: Re: FSB's && libertarianism; also reply to Karsten
From: kmself@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 14:57:10 -0700
Mon, 29 May 2000 14:57:10 -0700
On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 03:00:46PM -0400, Russell Nelson wrote:

> Apparently Karsten thinks that giving someone the last word
> means failing to actually *read* the last word you gave them.  He also
> seems to think it's okay to forward people's private mail to mailing
> lists they don't read.  But that's just bad taste.

Clarification on this point.

Russ assumed I'd forwarded our earlier discussion to another list.  This
is untrue.

Rather, my initial endorsement of Lessig's book on this list (Dec 28,
1999) elicited several off-list responses, one of which was Russ's
vehement refusal to even read the book, (recently repeated), another was
"I've got to read this book", to which I responded "You need to sell
this to Russ Nelson.  I can't.  <g>".  I mentioned this to Russ at the
time and quoted it in recent email on the topic here.

The third party and I discussed the flavor but not content of Russ's
argument in a couple of subsequent emails.  I pursued the argument at
the time to find out whether or not there was a rational (IMO) basis for
Russ's position.  I've reached my own conclusions, and will repeat once
again for Russ's benefit:

    End of argument, Russ.  I'm still bored by it.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>         http://www.netcom.com/~kmself
  Evangelist, Opensales, Inc.                       http://www.opensales.org

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]