Subject: Re: a model of competition between free and proprietary software
From: Steve Mallett <steve@opensourcedirectory.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:15:40 -0300

> Or to put it another way, without marketing, the failure of any
> project is guaranteed.  Packet drivers were a success because I told
> people about them every chance I got.  If you've got something good,
> you've just GOT to tell people about it.
>
> --
> -russ nelson <sig@russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com

Don't forget the biggest variable that can't be factored into an
economic model, but is often a huge influence in the success of
anything: dumb luck.

More people have had this contribute to their success than they may care
to admit or acknowledge.  Thankfully we all tend to have some of it from
time to time.

--
Steve Mallett
steve@opensourcedirectory.com | http://www.OpenSourceDirectory.org