Subject: Re: Clay Shirky on hailstorm
From: Morbus Iff <morbus@disobey.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:02:17 -0400

 >Clay Shirky has a very interesting article on Hailstorm on OpenP2P.com,
 >at http://www.openp2p.com/pub/a/p2p/2001/05/30/hailstorm.html

Just finished this one, and I'll echo Tim when he says "one of the most
insightful technology-as-business-strategy analyses I've ever read." Clay
does a wonderful job getting into what Hailstorm really means, and the
innocent innuendo's that equate into the most definitive example of a Big
Brother.

Paranoia aside, I have to hand it to Microsoft - this is a rather smart way
of moving from the desktop to every appliance possible. Hailstorm apps will
be written not because its bears our own interests, but because the "gonna
be destroyed if we don't use NaziSoft".

Thanks Clay and Tim.

Morbus Iff
.sig on other machine.