Subject: RE: FW: Why would I pay for Ximian software?
From: Scott Capdevielle <scott@syndicom.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:28:00 -0800

According to Manuel Castells
(http://sociology.berkeley.edu/faculty/castells/), in this model, people
"will collaborate on the creation of IP and compete on applications and
services." So IBM and Covalent compete delivering, servicing and
supporting preinstalled apache clusters while both may be contributing
to the Apache code base.

An individual could make money writing custom extensions for a company
or a small niche.

scott