Subject: Re: *precisely* NOT a commons (with tragedy)
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:53:30 -0800
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:53:30 -0800
on Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 06:11:52PM -0800, Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

...or rather, my vim substitutions mangled for me, the following quotes.
I'd like to give them correctly as they're cites.

> 3.  Robert X. Cringely, July 15, 1999,
>     http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit19990715.html
>     "Linux is already taking what would have been at least $2 billion in
>     annual sales away from legacy MS Windows NT. Microsoft spokespeople
>     have said as much, citing GNU/Linux as a major threat to NT."

That should be:

    "Linux is already taking what would have been at least $2 billion in
    annual sales away from Windows NT.  Microsoft spokespeople have said
    as much, citing Linux as a major threat to NT."

And:

>     Stephen Shankland, "GNU/Linux growth underscores threat to
>     Microsoft", CNet,  February 28, 2001.

    Stephen Shankland, "Linux growth underscores threat to Microsoft",
    CNet,  February 28, 2001.

>     http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-4979275.html?tag=rltdnws
>     "Microsoft's Windows held 41 percent of the server OS market in 2000,
>     up from 38 percent in 1999....  Linux grabbed 27 percent market
>     share in 2000, up from 25 percent the previous year."

I've got a set of (often but not always) word-replacements in vim.
Comes in handy for frequently misspelled / typoed words as well.

Peace.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]