Subject: Re: the model t
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:19:06 -0800
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:19:06 -0800
on Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 12:02:03PM +0000, ralph@inputplus.co.uk (ralph@inputplus.co.uk)
wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> > So I've written such a revision control system: `arch'. See:
> >
> >                 http://www.regexps.com
>
> Thanks for the link.
>
> Although it may not fix all the problems you list with CVS, are you
> aware of Subversion?
>
>     http://subversion.tigris.org/
>
> At least one of the authors has been a maintainer of CVS in the past
> and is well-versed in its shortcomings.

Likewise, Bitkeeper.  While not FSF free software or OSI open source, it
meets what I've heard referred to as "the zeroth rule":  you can modify
sources.  Escrow clauses ensure the project will revert to GPL in a
number of circumstances including business failure or aquisition.

Peace.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]