Subject: Re: Giving Richard His Due
From: kragen@pobox.com (Kragen Sitaker)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 02:23:06 -0500 (EST)

Tony Stanco writes:
> Why is it so hard for people to give Richard his due? But for
> Richard, there would be no GPL. But for the GPL, there would be no
> Free Software nor, arguably, Open Source. ...  he often doesn't even
> take money for his teachings, living off of the kindness of
> strangers, which no one has done since Socrates and Jesus.

Tony, not only did you post this message using Microsoft Outlook
Express, via AOL, but this post's content demonstrates that you have
no idea what "free software" and "open source" are, and you are
culturally illiterate to boot (compeletely unaware, for example, of
the typical means of support for Theravada monasteries are supported);
and, as previous discussion on fsb has amply demonstrated, you have no
clue about the realities of running a free software business or a
large organization.

You are arrogant, hypocritical, ethnocentric, unbelievably ignorant,
and unskilled at writing, and I predict that any free software
organization that fails to sufficiently distance itself from you will
be destroyed as a result.

Please understand that I do not want to hurt your feelings and wish
there was another way; I would not be sending such an insensitive and
offensive email if I did not think the danger you posed was serious.