Subject: Re: futures markets
From: Simon Cozens <simon@netthink.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 14:44:17 +0100

Tom Lord:
> The sole "atomic element" of your economics is the contractual
> exchange.

But that's precisely what you yourself have said that you want:
consideration for future income, in exchange for product
maintainership. There's the contractual exchange. Going on about
different forms of economics is irrelevant, in this case.

For me, this question would never arise. Like the majority of free
software developers, I write software because I either enjoy it or
because I need it to do a particular job. If I'm scratching a
particular itch, leaving ideas lying around before the "menial coding"
stage does me no good. If I don't finish it, it doesn't help me.

And besides, I think it's important to show people that I'm capable of
being thorough and completing what I started. Don't you?

--
A successful [software] tool is one that was used to do something
undreamed of by its author.