Subject: Re: rethinking open source?
From: Jack Park <>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:57:17 -0700

Just today, Otis Gospodnetic mentioned on the Lucene list a product Jahia
A quick check and we find that it is licensed in an unusual "open source
and collaborative license."

Their license faq is a fairly
thorough treatment of their reasons for selecting the license
structure.  The faq also speaks to the history of the license, pointing to
the "liberal source license" which is described at (which unfortunately is opening at less
than a snail's pace this evening).  This page (which will not open at all) speaks to
"paying contributors" (which sounds like some form of a bucket brigade of
returns to those who developed software used in the product.

All in all, I suppose there really must be actions 'out there' that are
looking at weaving useful attributes of open source software into financial