Subject: Re: The Pledge model -- K5 generates 6 mos income in three days
From: Simon Cozens <simon@netthink.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:25:12 +0100

Karsten M. Self:
> Interesting addition to the modes of "how do I support my free software
> project".

Perl appears to be moving towards a pledge model, and got sponsorship for
Damian Conway last year through community donations. I'm not sure it's a
viable long-term strategy for FSBs or FS projects, as the cash appears to be
harder to come by this year, and I suspect that next year around people will
get tired of being hit upon for cash. We'll see.

--
I did write and prove correct a 20-line program in January, but I made
the mistake of testing it on our VAX and it had an error, which two