Subject: Re: Successful FSBs
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:10:25 -0700

   Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:45:26 +0100
   From: Ralph Corderoy <ralph@inputplus.co.uk>

   Hi Larry,

   > Recognizing that a business is a lifestyle business immediately tells
   > you that raising money from investors is not an option.

   I've been staying quiet, hoping I could work out the definition, but I
   give in.  What's a `lifestyle business'?

It's when your business is synonymous with your lifestyle.

Any "Mom & Pop" shop fits this definition.

These business typically don't have many employees, and couldn't scale
to support more than they have.

It's my belief that we on this list are looking for business models
that are sustainable, scalable, and easy to understand.  Being "VC
Fundable" is one marker that these goals have been achieved.

Brian
== The Difference Between Cultures: ==
    Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
    Liberte', E'galite', Fraternite'