Subject: Re: SMB Linux approaches?
From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller <robin@roblimo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 00:58:41 -0500

>   - A handful too small or disorganized to get anything together.  It's
>     a pretty non-technical market, for the most part.  Though they
>     generally _do_ recognize the benefits of Internet advertizing --
>     pretty much all the hospitality / travel / tourism industry has
>     picked this up.

True there, not yet true on the Florida Gulf Coast. I'd say fewer than
25% of local tourist-related businesses here have figured out that a Web
site can help them reach people in Michigan and the rest of the Frozen
Northland "at home" for lots less money than advertising in a million
tourist guides.

That's a wide-open business here. The few who are actively pursuing it
charge thousands and give little in return for the money. It's sort of
shocking...

- Robin