Subject: Re: What should Sun do?
From: Jamie Lokier <jamie@shareable.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:53:04 +0000

Alan Hudson wrote:
> So far Java availibility has been pretty good.  Mac's ship with them
> now.  Dell ships it.  Show I'm not sure I'd advocate adding Java to the
> mozilla download.

I often have to use Mozilla or Firefox browsers on other people's
computers, and quite often Java is not available on them.

This is a real problem, when I'm trying to connect to my
Java-dependent web page.

Unfortunately there is no alternative widely supported applet
programming language available to use instead.  Javascript/ECMAscript
is good for things it's good at, but there are plenty of things it
doesn't do.

-- Jamie