Subject: Re: Journal / Trade Mag?
From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller <robin@roblimo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:06:23 -0500

>Looks as if I may have spoke too soon:
>
>    Mozilla's future under debate
>    Renai LeMay, ZDNet Australia, 10 March 2005
>    ZDNet Australia
>    http://uk.builder.com/webdevelopment/design/0,39026630,39239597,00.htm
>
>    Development problems concerning the Mozilla Suite have led to some
>    soul-searching in the Foundation, with some calling for Firefox to
>    be spun off

Let's hold our panic for a few days. Mitchell Baker is next week's
Slashdot interview victim... err.... guest. I'm sure she'll get at least
one or two questions about this rift, discussion, debate or whatever it
is, and that many other people involved with Moz and FF development will
chime in.

Remember, one of the biggest good/bad points of FOSS development is that
this sort of discussion goes on in the open. Proprietary software
developers also have disagreements about where their product development
should go, but have them behind closed doors -- and clean the blood from
their conference room floors before they emerge to face the cameras and
pretend everybody is in perfect harmony.

- Robin