Subject: RE: mechanised documentation and my business model solution
From: "Anderson, Kelly" <KAnderson@dentrix.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:08:42 -0700

 Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:08:42 -0700

Things that I believe a Wiki specific to software documentation needs
are:

1) A mechanism for easily going to documentation for various versions of
the software.

2) A way to look at the last "vetted" or "edited" version that has the
blessing of the code's author(s), as well as a "daily build" kind of
Wiki that shows people's edits immediately (vandalism is a problem for
these immediate pages, my little doc wiki has been vandalized).

3) A discussion page like MediaWiki for questions, for requests for how
to do X, for arguing about how things really work, etc.

4) Perhaps some automated generation of information from the code,
although I'm talking more about user documentation than internal
programmer documentation.

I put up a little wiki for on of my programs:
http://www.habit3.com/efewiki/

Nobody edits it but me and vandals. Still, it is helpful for me because
I can edit some little piece quickly from anywhere. The invitation is
open for anyone to edit it, but no takers yet (of course I only have
about 40 customers...)

I set it up with the simplest Wiki I could find. It works "well enough"
for now, even with no user participation.

-Kelly

E-Mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code. By reading the
message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking
protective action against such code. Sender is not liable for any loss or damage arising
from this message.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.