Subject: Re: Linux in the NYTimes
From: Mark Eichin <eichin@cygnus.com>
Date: 04 Feb 1998 10:11:51 -0500

> The article explains the paradigm of free software, including the
> "free speech, not free beer" metaphor, and dicusses the success of

It might be good to mention whose byline is on the story -- the
NYTimes in particular has several technology writers; some are better
than others.  I used to *specifically* talk to John Markoff for
security stories, for example, because I knew he had lots of
background and would "get it right" far more than another random
reporter would...  posting it to FSB would be good, as a person who
might be good to contact for leads on related stories (he's probably
looking for followup stories at this point, right?)