Subject: Re: Free Software Business Models
From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:00:40 +0100

As http://www.digium.com did, right?

> 2) Training

> Less frequently mentioned is that most people who write free software
> consider it a profit center because they become recognized experts,
> which increases their income potential.

My biggest problem isn't fully proprietary font developers, but
freeware loss leaders like Jos B; freeware fonts get just as much
cheap publicity/exposure as libre fonts, I think.

> All this feels a bid pedantic since you seem to feel there is an
> opportunity with great potential in the font industry, the mechanics
> of which you understand, that is yet to be capitalized on.

I don't think I'll understand free software business until I'm running
a successful one :-)