Subject: Re: RFD: Split fsb list
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@wiwi.hu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:33:26 +0200

   Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 21:48:14 -0400
   From: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <jsshapiro@earthlink.net>

   In the few months that I have been on this list, I have not seen
   people other than myself initiate discussion of alternative models.

You've only been on this list for a few months.  This list (several
years ago) used to be very quiet for some time, then there would be a
flurry of discussion on some particular point (perhaps 10 or 12
E-mails), a clear understanding of each person's position/opinion
would be reached, and then it would be quiet again.

   If the concensus of the group is that this is not an appropriate forum
   for such discussions, I'm happy to abide by that.

I think that this list is an excellent forum for the presentation of
an alternative model.  I think it is a horrible place for the
pontification, nit-picking, and *arguing* that has been taking place.

   Is this a periodic issue that arises on the list, or are you really
   expressing a desire not to be subjected to my opinions?

Please don't be paranoid.  I don't even know you (yet) and I have a
desire to hear your opinions.  Once, per given subject.

Brian